It is an unfortunate but apparent part of the workplace that some of our employees may be under performing in their role. This should be managed effectively to reduce the presence of it within the team and to support your employees to work effectively and to the best of their ability.
Underperformance can occur for several reasons:
- Difficulty with tasks – whether they are challenging, or your staff don’t have the ability to complete them due to their own understanding.
- Low skills, knowledge, and aptitude of staff member
- Strong effort may still result in underperformance
- Lack of improvement over a period of time
What you can gain...
There are a variety of elements that underperforming can affect if left unmanaged:
- Reduction in profits
- Complaints from employees and clients
- Difficulties with staff retention
- Lowers morale within the team
With our tailored training course in developing your staff skills to diagnosing this delicate topic, as well as how to consistently manage the approach you take towards dealing with underperformance and eradicating it from the team.